Top 5 Foodie destinatins around Australia
Australia is an outstanding haven when it comes to gourmet travellers. They get to enjoy a diverse list of winery products and food made to precision with quality local ingredients that are complemented by flavours from all over the world. Australia is laden with food destinations that comprise of regional restaurants, city hotels, rural cooking artisans and premium wineries. The Aussie culinary standard is top notch, making it another reason to compel more foodie tourists into its boundaries. Follow this food and wine trail to the best foodie destinations in Australia.
· There is great food everywhere in Melbourne ranging from seafood to farm produce and from traditional to modern dishes and the good thing is you don’t have to go high end.
· It is graced with booming first class restaurants, cafes and a bar scenery with examples like the Vin Cellar, the Wat Da Pho, SIMS Supermarket, Jelly bread Café and the Botanical Restaurant.
· Fresh produce can always be found at the Foots Cray, Queen Victoria or South Melbourne Markets after dining in their surrounding cafes.
· Enjoy your food in different settings like cobbled streets, dark lane ways and by the water while still browsing the scenic view of Melbourne.
· It is also host to the renowned annual Melbourne Food and Wine Festival held in March.
· Popularly known for its excellence in wines, it features over 190 wineries, numerous distinguished restaurants and producers that will offer the tourist a broad spectrum to choose from.
· Enjoy many wine choices and dishes from this region at the annual Margaret River Wine Region Festival held in the autumn.
· The splendid coastline offers an ideal scenery and atmosphere for dining out. Fresh sea food, artisan cheese, venison, beef, and olives are just examples of the culinary treat Margaret River has to offer.
· Tourists can also visit the Margaret River Dairy Company for free cheese making courses and tastings or the Margaret River Farmer’s Market to connect, try out and buy their produce on the second and fourth Saturday of the every month.
· Enjoy a foodie break in Barossa, the town that blends the European Heritage with the Aussie culture.
· It stands out as the stellar wine state full of stellar wine regions with wines as old as 100 years. Tourists can also cruise around these vineyards for an additional adventure.
· The rolling hills, historical churches, vineyards and a landscape of beautiful villages add to the gastronomical delight offered by Barossa.
· There are a great number of world class restaurants that feature local seafood and fresh produce with additional flavours from the world all over.
· Fine dining, casual eateries, local specialties and lots of street food are characteristics that describe Sydney’s gastronomy.
· Multicultural restaurants, microbreweries, numerous coffee houses and small new bars are conveniently spread out in Sydney for foodies to enjoy themselves.
· It is definitely a stimulating culinary destination best known for its apples and locally produced saffron and truffles.
· Travel to Tasmania every December and connect with other gourmet travellers at Hobart’s Taste of Tasmania Festival.
· Enjoy Tasmania’s wonderful locally grown oysters while you experience wild trout fishing in the highland streams. Wild mushrooms, specialist honey, berries, farmed salmon and farm-fresh cheese are additional fantastic delicacies to be enjoyed by travellers.
· Tourists can also take delight in cooking classes offered by the many local farms or the sensational fresh products direct from the farm.
· Tasmania also presents boutique beers, whiskeys and cool climate wines for enjoyment by alcohol enthusiasts.
Travellers can always book a dsa practical test and make it a worthwhile adventure of visiting these food destinations and experiencing Australia’s exquisite culinary culture. Create a lifelong memory by discovering the world’s best eateries in Australia.
I am Nancy, freelancer and part time blogger. I love reading and writing blogs. Apart from this I like traveling around the world and share my traveling experience by means of my article. Currently I am doing a research work on esta form which will assist you in visa services.